published by Resonym
Show your hosting prowess and treat your favorite Surrealist artists and writers to an excellent dinner party! But this might be trickier than you’d imagine. Keep your guests happy by serving the food they desire, managing drama between them, and sending them home at the right time.
On your turn, bring new guests to the party, serve food and drink, or have guests socialize with their neighbors at the table. Each artist also has a unique habit, so pay careful attention to who is sitting next to whom! Of course you want to make all the guests you’ve invited happy, but if you can arrange for your opponents’ guests to start a little drama, that’s okay too!
It is living and ceasing to live that are imaginary solutions. Existence is elsewhere… – André Breton.
On your turn, you have the choice of:
- bringing new guests to the party
- serving your guests food and drink
- having your guests socialize with their neighbors at the table
- “‘Surrealist Dinner Party’ is a Love Letter to Surrealism.” The Fandomentals, 1 February 2023.
- “Podcast #102: American Tabletop Awards, gaming at bars, culling (guest: What’s Eric Playing?).” (Featuring Surrealist Dinner Party). Going Analog, 26 January 2023.
- 2020 Finalist – Cardboard Edison Award
- 2021 Tabletop Design Nominee — IndieCade Independent Festival of Games
Where to Buy
You can find my games at your local game store, Amazon, or from my game company, Resonym.