The Story | Game Play | Research | Where to Buy
Retrograde is a real-time roll-and-write inspired by classic 80s arcade games.
Evil Astrodroids are invading earth. Grab the joystick and blast as many as you can. Can you get the high score?
Each round, roll your dice as fast as you can. Race to roll combos shown on the target cards, claim the best card, and spend your dice to put the ‘Droids on your sheet out of commission. Be fast, or an opponent might beat you to the card you want. If you’re the last player without a card, you can only reroll 2 more times before you’re stuck with what you rolled.
Depending on the card you choose, you’ll collect Coins and power-ups. Blast entire columns of ‘Droids to destroy bosses for bonus points. Blast rows of ‘Droids to unlock the power-ups you collect.
- 1-4 Players | 30-35 minutes | ages 8+
- 26 custom Astrodroid dice
- 100 unique roll and write sheets
- 45 Target cards
- 4 Markers
Learn how to play from the How To Play video (above) or download the prototype instructions. More info coming soon.
- “Retrograde.” Board Game Review, Legends of Nerdvana, Youtube.com, 26 February, 2023.
- “Retrograde Review: Classic Arcade Brought to the Tabletop.” Roll For Crit, Youtube.com, 25 February 2023.
- “RDTN Episode 282: Bamboo, Lofoten, 1815-Scum of the Earth, Beer & Bread, Atiwa, Retrograde.” Rolling Dice & Taking Names, 21 February 2023.
- “Episode 236: Marrakesh.” (Includes Review of Retrograde). Blue Peg Pink Peg, 6 February 2023.
- 2022 Best Family Game, Boston Festival of Independent Games
Where to Buy
You can find my games at your local game store, Amazon, or from my game company, Resonym.